Vice President for Strategic Partnerships & Development
The Vice President for Strategic Partnerships & Development position offers an opportunity to join the Institute for Sport & Social Justice Leadership Team and manage the organization’s fundraising efforts as the Institute moves into a comprehensive fundraising campaign. The Vice President for Strategic Partnerships & Development will report to the Institute CEO, and work collaboratively across the organization. The position is responsible for the development, management, and execution of a comprehensive strategy to cultivate and steward prospects that will ultimately support the vision and goals of the Institute. The incumbent is also responsible for the creation of strategies and events to support the organization’s efforts to identify and establish strategic partnerships. This position requires someone with a pioneering spirit who is excited about building this department and helping build the capacity of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of organization fundraising with alignment to the vision and values of the Institute.
- Coordinate the Institute’s fundraising efforts for the Institute’s campaign in conjunction with Board members and key stakeholders
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors with a specific focus on major gift prospects
- Maintain a high level of coordination between the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors to ensure that fundraising goals are met
- Develop annual fundraising strategies to support Institute activities
- Represent the Institute at events that promote engagement and philanthropy
- Lead efforts to identify new and innovative fundraising methods, ways to structure gifts and to communicate with constituents
- Direct and lead the tasks and goals of the Strategic Partnerships & Development team
- Serve of the Institute’s senior leadership team and help guide the direction and success of the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Highly energetic and engaging individual with at least 5 years of fundraising experience or 5 years of related experience (i.e., marketing, sales)
- The position requires exceptional organizational and analytical thinking skills, a demonstrated capacity to develop relationships with a diverse community, and the ability to engage and motivate prospects and volunteers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, Board Members) and internal (staff, colleagues) constituents
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel and manage a complex work schedule (including commitments during the evening and weekends as needed)
- High level of energy and enthusiasm combined with a commitment to execute the mission and vision of the Institute
- Experience with Microsoft Office is essential as well as familiarity with web-based interfaces and fundraising software
- Master’s degree
- Five or more years of fundraising experience
- Fundraising experience with a range of campaigns (Annual, Major Gifts, Events, etc.).
- Experience in working with national and/or international organizations on strategic partnerships and fundraising
- Experience in the sports space
Salary range: $170,000 -$200,000
Annual Bonus opportunities
This position will be remote. The Institute Headquarters is located in Orlando, FL housed on the campus of the University of Central Florida. Office space is available at our headquarters if desired.
Deadline for submissions: All applicant materials must be received by 5:00pm ET on Friday, October 20, 2023.
Qualified applicants should submit via email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Aaron Banfield, Director of Accounting & Logistics at [email protected].
About the Institute:
In 1985, the Institute for Sport and Social Justice (The Institute) was founded by human rights activist, pioneer for racial equality, internationally recognized expert on sports issues, scholar, and author Dr. Richard Lapchick. At the Institute, we believe in the transcendent power of sport to change the world. A non-profit 501c3 organization, the Institute has been an innovator in impacting youth, high school, collegiate, and professional sport organizations since its inception and specializes in leadership-infused social justice education. https://sportandsocialjustice.org
The Institute is deeply committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive and is supportive of all of its staff. All members of the Institute community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a working environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. All Institute operations reflect the Institute’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) initiatives.